GCARC will be conducting the ARRL Summer Field Day
June 27 – 28, 2020
Participation is always voluntary!
Fellow Club Members, we have started planning for Summer Field Day. AF5VA, Roy has secured our Summer Field Day site at the Old School House in Ambrose as we discussed during our Monthly Meeting on Tuesday. KI5BMN James also checked out the location and took the pictures I have attached below. It appears to be an excellent place for the Club to have a great Summer Field Day.
We will have plenty of room to social distance if necessary or desired, plenty of room outside for solar panels and antennas. An air-conditioned space to stay cool, rest rooms, land line for power if we desire to operate that way. Several tables and chairs, a grill, and I will bring my gas grill and ice chests for drinks.
COVID – 19 Precautions we should think about:
- We will have hand sanitizer and wipes to use on microphones and equipment however, you may want to bring your own microphone or radio. The choice is yours.
- Recommend sharing of power supply when not operating.
- Wash and sterilize your hands when appropriate.
- Do not come to Field Day if you are sick or do not believe you can maintain social distance to you own liking.
- Practice not shaking hands or hugging.
- Stay hydrated it will likely be very warm by June 27.
Summer Field Day Agenda
- 08:00ish – 12:00ish June 27 – Setup antennas and operating stations
- 12:00ish June 27 – Lunch food fixins and testing of stations
- 13:00 June 27 – Commence FD Operations
- 16:30 June 27 – Commence afternoon cookout evening food fixins
- 08:00ish June 28 – Commence breakfast cook and morning food fixins
- 13:00 June 28 – Cease FD operations,
- 13:00ish June 28 – Pack up and cleanup and head for the house
Go the link below to sign-up for Summer Field Day Events
Photo Gallery by KI5BMN, James